Vancouver Ramen Rush and Snacks Summer 2018

I managed to pick up a whole pile of Japanese and Korean instant noodles and snacks while visiting Vancouver in August. In Vancouver I visited T&T, H Mart, and Izumiya Japanese Marketplace to find these goodies.  There was more, but this is a pretty good display already.

I'll have some ramen reviews coming up and I also have some special news.  I've been working on book that is an introduction to visiting Tokyo.  It is an overview of Japanese pop culture, food, and places to see for the first time visitor that will complement regular guidebooks.  It uses short stories and focuses on the pop culture aspect to provide a rich background to any visit.  So stay tuned for the ebook on Amazon this fall.

Otogi Ramen.
Japanese chocolates
Calbee potato chips.
Rice crackers.
Various kinds of candy and peanuts.
Japanese coffee and green tea drinks.
Japanese and Korean curry, with a Thai one thrown in.  I'll be reviewing these to compare them.  I'm always interested in MREs or ready to eat foods.
Not from Vancouver, but ready to eat rice that is nuker ready.  I tried this with the Thai Penang Ginger Curry and it was pretty good.
Maruchan Tan Tan Bowl Noodle
Maruchan Shoyu Bowl Noodle
Nissin RAOH Shoyu Bowl Noodle - haven't review this in a long time.
Nissin RAOH Koko Miso Bowl Noodle
I always like a Kitsune Udon Bowl Noodle with double fried tofu!
Myojo Charumela Tonkotsu Bowl Noodle
Maruchan Pork Shoyu Ramen Package
Nissin Pork Shoyu Ramen Package
A Pulmuone Shoyu Soba Ramen
Lots of miso soup.  Always a nice side to some other foods for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
That's a long list of yummy stuff for the next couple of months.  I also managed to shop at MUJI, DAISO, and UNIQLO while I was out there so there was a lot of pretty good shopping.  The food was good too with some visits to good ramen shops and izakayas.  Hope everyone is having a good summer.


Comments

Popular Posts