Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays in Tokyo

Christmas is almost upon us.  I've been blogging about anime, Tokyo, and a few other things since November of 2011.  I think I had 96 page views in my first month and now I average around 25,000 a month give or take a few thousand.  It has been an interesting three years and I still plan on keeping this blog going for a few more years at least.  I've never really been able to get a handle on my regular followers for this blog as there are very few comments, but if you're a regular follower of this blog, then a special Merry Christmas to you!

Anyhow, Christmas in Japan is pretty interesting as it is obviously an imported tradition for most of the Shinto / Buddhist population there.  While much of Christmas is a commercial enterprise there and even back here at home, it is nice that is is pretty much celebrated around the world.  It is an especially spiritual time for people who celebrate the birth of Christ, and we should all remember the message of peace on earth and goodwill to all people at this time of year.  I've had a pretty tumultuous year this year and have found support from family, friends, and even co-workers, so we all have to count our blessings and believe that most people are fundamentally good in some way.

Now, back to Christmas in Japan.
I've never been to Japan at Christmas, and I wouldn't really want to go unless I had my family with me, but there are some awesome displays of Christmas lights and decorations their to help set the festive mood.  There are also some great Christmas traditions there too.
Christmas Light Shows
Tokyo Midtown and Roppongi have some really nice decorations up at this time of year and often have fantastic displays of lights.  However, there are also many other streets and site that are all lit up at night.  It is something that you want to go and see!
Christmas Traditions
There usually isn't any real snow on the ground at Christmas in Tokyo, but here are some snowy shots from around Edmonton.  Happy holidays everyone!
















Comments

Popular Posts