|Flickr / kenleewrites|
Cup Noodle Commercials
The latest campaign they are running is "Boil Japan" which is kind of scary sounding, but the commercials are cool. The first two commercials use Gundam and Star Wars themes to really good effect. The Gundam one has a giant Gundam walking with a big kettle of boiling water for the old cup of noodle, but the second has Yoda using the force to do the same. You can find the commercials on Youtube if you really want to have a look. Going back further, they have space ramen and even Robocop. If you buy cup noodle at the konbini, they will give you a pair of chopsticks too!
Gundam Boil Japan Commercial
Yoda Boil Japan Commercial
Three Minute Noodle Timer Robot
To give their ad campaigns a little extra zip, they have even branded the cup noodles as a noodle timer robot and added model kits to the ramen. The timer robot is pretty cool (I wish I had one). The latest kits even had the Gundam / Zaku robots with Nissin logos on them. See my Noodle Gunpla Post here.
A few of the older commercials are shown below with the Space Ramen, Robocop, and a cute one with some cave people and a Brontotherium.
Cave Men Ramen
Noodles in Spaaaace!
Original Chicken Ramen Ad
Nissin's Super Deluxe Raoh Instant Ramen. It is good stuff!
Finally, if you aren't cup of noodled out or have left to boil some water to make some, Nissin opened up another Cup Noodle Museum in Yokohama in 2011, so you don't have to go all the way to Osaka to see it if you were just visiting Tokyo. That means Yokohama now has the Shin Yokohama Ramen Museum and the the Cup Noodle Museum as ramen destinations a half hour from Tokyo by train.
Cup Noodle Museum in Yokohama Address
Cup Noodles Museum 2-3-4 Shinkou, Naka-ku, Yokohama カップヌードルミュージアム 横浜市中区新港2-3-4 +81 (0) 45 345 0918
Shin Yokohama Ramen Museum Address
Japan, Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokohama, Kohoku Ward, Shinyokohama, ２丁目１４−２１
Tokyo Excess Japanese Pop Culture Page
- Cup Noodles - Nissin Pop Culture
- Kaiju (Monster-sized) Burgers
- Pocky Pop Culture
- Coffee Please, Not Tea - Tokyo Coffee Shops, Hario & Canned Coffee
- Gyudon From Yoshinoya and Sukiya and JAL Air Beef Bowl
- JAL Inflight Food (they even did Air MOS Burgers)
- The Konbini Song and Lawson Evangelion Tie-ins
- Giant Robot Toys - Macross, Godzilla, Gundam
- Alien Art - Haniwa & Dogu Figures (Jomon & Yayoi Periods)
- Japan's Amazing Love of All Things Cat
- Kowloon Walled City and Gunkanjima Island. Even showed up in the James Bond movie Skyfall.
- Emoticons and Densha Otoko
- Hello Kitty and Pokemon Airliners
- Japanese Super Science