It has been awhile since I tried a cup noodle from Europe. Today I'm try Miso Vegetable Cup Noodle, a product of Hungary. I found this Cup Noodles variant for the European market at a Save On Foods of all places. There were three flavours and I picked up two of them to try. I'm always curious how they localize them for various markets and if the flavours change. So lets see what it is like!

This miso noodle cup has the typical graphical design cues found in the Nisin cups with the distinctive Cup Noodles logo and the vertical line detailing under the rim that looks like gold exclamation points. The primary colour is white, with Mixo in a bold black print like it was painted with an ink brush. I'm not sure how many people would notice this, but it is a nice touch. The word VEGETABLE is then shown in an orange badge to let you know it is a mainly plant based along with the vegan certification. The lower third of the cup shows you the noodles covered with veggies and a closeup of the noodles. The cup has a plastic interior to prevent leakage and the outer packaging of the cup is a cardboard sleeve that can be peeled off.
 |
| The lid of the cup. It is a crinkly foil type that I've seen before on Hong Kong versions of Cup Noodle. It pretty much repeats the design from the side of the cup, but Asian Blast is more emphasized. |
 |
| Ingredients, nutrition, and manufacturing info. |
 |
| Opening the lid reveals lots of veggies and soup base powder. The earthy smell of miso was present along with soy sauce. |
 |
| Boiling water was added and I let the cup sit for 3 minutes and then gave it all a good stir. |
The soup has a definite vegetable broth smell with the mild aroma of miso. It is a pleasant soy veggie broth with a light miso flavour. It has saltiness and umami to it to make if taste pretty good. The noodles rehydrated well with nice bits of carrot, corn, onion, and cabbage. The soup thickens up a bit too and the noodles are maybe a little wider, firmer, and a have distinct break to them too. This is a decent cup noodle I could have again, but I think it has been adjusted to make the miso milder.
 |
| Closeup of the noodles and veggies. |
Other Ramen and Japanese Pop Culture Articles
Follow me on Threads or Instagram at @Tostzilla or my feedburner.
Comments
Post a Comment