|Japanese Key Chain Toys / Mascots / Widgets|
If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch you can get apps that simulate the soybean popper and the bubble wrap popper from the Apple Appstore. Have a look at my Anime / Manga iPhone Apps page for the links to the Appstore.
Starting from the bottom left hand corner and going clockwise I'll describe them.
- The big red brick is an electronic toy which simulates the pull tab on a cardboard shipping box or shipping sleeve. You can basically open boxes all day with this. Little magnets give it resistance and every so often you'll get a surprise noise!
- This purple egg thing is one of a set of Evangelion voice eggs. You push the button in the middle and you'll get the voice of one of the Evangelion characters speaking some lines from the remake movies.
- Yes, the green soybean looking thing is a soybean popping toy. You can squeeze out little green edamame beans, one of which will have a funky looking face on it, kind of like an emoji.
- The next item is a taiyaki fish mascot made out of a gummy rubber material. You can squeeze it and a little red bean paste fish pops out. This one is a little gross as the little fish kind of looks like fish guts.
- The blue box with what looks like little bubble wrap bubbles on top is a bubble popping toy. You push to bubbles to make little popping noises and every so often you get a mystery sound!
- This one is one of my favourites. It is a fake can of beer. You pull the pop tab and get pop -> hiss -> pour noises. Again, every so often you get a mystery sound.
- Finally, a nifty Zaku head from Gundam. The monoeye moves back and forth when you push a lever underneath and the eye lights up! Fun!