Candy and Snacks From Japan February 2019

Over the last couple of months I ordered some food and snacks from Hobbylink, Candysan, and Jbox, and also picked up stuff from local Asian supermarkets.  There is enough variety to satisfy both curiosity and taste buds from all of these locations.  Almost as good as having a konbini down the street by the train station (I think the konbini still wins out).

A photographic food journey follows and I'll try to cover all kinds of information about the various types of snacks and stuff.  I'll start with some shots of snacks ordered online and then cover the individual snacks.  I don't usually order mystery boxes of anything as I've usually tried some of the products before and I'm only interested in new / nifty or things I like. If there is cup noodles shown there will likely be a review of that somewhere on the blog.

Box from Candysan
Candysan is one of my favourite online sites to order from as they have a good selection, good price, and they are reliable.  They also have mystery boxes you can order if you cannot choose on your own.  The box I received was packed full of tasty stuff.
Box was full of stuff and well packed.

You can see a nice selection of instant cup noodles, chips, and some chocolate.


Box from JBox
I haven't ordered from JBox in a long time, but I visited their website and saw they had all kinds of goodies to order, some of which I hadn't seen elsewhere.  Ordering and shipping was quick and I actually received an SAL package in really good time.
This was a smaller box that was packed full.
What was under the first layer.
I bought lots of savoury things that are good with beer from JBox and some Melty Kiss chocolates.


Individual Snacks / Candy
This is the main event.  Lots of snack and candy photos follow.  Japanese food packaging is always really nice and they have many innovative snacks.
Calbee Jaga Choco Strawberry chocolate chips.
These are small cups and they don't contain a lot of chips, but hey, that's good for you right?  The strawberry chocolate wasn't bad, but it wasn't as intense as I thought it would be.  Nice, but I think the dark chocolate is better.
Calbee Jaga Chocolate.  I think the sweet chocolate and salty chips goes better in this one.
Nice berry chocolates from Melty Kiss.
UHA Croquette from their Sozai line of snacks.  These are freeze-dried snacks that are like little shrunken meat croquettes.  They were pretty good with a nice meaty taste to them.  I'll have a review of these later.  These croquettes were something I've been wanting to try for awhile.
Melty Kiss Green Tea - First Flush.  Should be nice.  One of the first green tea chocolates I ever had were the regular green tea Melty Kiss over a decade ago.  They were yummy.
Shrimp curry crunchy snacks with peanuts.  This is very tasty.
Cratz little tiny bacon flavoured pretzel nuggets.
You can see they suggets having the Cratz with a beer.  I agree.
These are a cookie from Taiwan.  They stay fresh for a year, come in various flavours, and are nice and crunchy. A nice cookie / biscuit.
These are little white chocolate ramune (kind of lemon) balls that had a sweet smooth chocolatey exterior over a crunchy candy interior.  Hard to describe, but the combination worked way better than I figured it would.  Tasty, but I like ramune too.
These are little cheese crackers with an intense and authentic cheesy taste (not like orange cheese powder in any way).  One of my favourites.
You can see they recommend you can have this with beer too.  I agree.
A more fancy version of these Meiji Bamboo Shoot Chocolate biscuits that uses match chocolate.  A very good snack with a nice crunchy chocolate cookie base and tasty matcha chocolate on top of that.  Box is gone.... eaten.
These are ramen flavoured Pringles.  Only in Japan!
These are cute little mini cans and even the Pringles are smaller in size.  The chips had a nice savoury, kind of ramen-like taste, but it could never be like a real bowl of ramen.
More deluxe green tea matcha Kit Kats.  Looking forward to this.
Balance Power is similar to Calorie-Mate.  Tasty baked energy bars - like a firm soft-baked cookie.  Lots of energy, vitamins and minerals.
Green tea chocolates with a chewy mochi core.
Bottled green tea.  Always refreshing.
This set of snacks was heavy on the savoury and crunchy type snacks.  I don't have a huge sweet tooth, but I do enjoy some chocolate and candy too.

Japanese Snacks I Would Stock Up On Next Time I'm In Tokyo


Amazon e-book available.

More Japanese pop culture posts.

Follow me on Twitter a @Tostzilla or my feedburner for this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts