A Few Cat Videos Showing Japan's Love of Cats

I posted this by accident before I managed to get my text completed. Ooops. So I may as well complete it now, and sorry to those who looked at the incomplete post.

Youtube Star Maru
Maru is a popular kitty in Japan and elsewhere who loves boxes in particular.  I don't really have a lot to say about this, but that Maru is more famous than me and cuter too.


Neko Samurai (Cat Samurai)
This was a funny one that has been around for like 3 or 4 years now, but it recently became popular again on the net due to cat aficionados.  There is a movie and a couple of seasons of this show called Neko Samurai.  In some ways it reminds me of Lone Wolf and Cub about a samurai and a baby journeying together.  Most of all, it is cute, and don't touch the samurai's cat!


Neko Atsume House
They made a movie based on the popular cat game Neko Atsume for smart phones.  This is nuts and it even got like 3.5 stars out of 5 on IMDB.  In the game, you just put out food and toys and various cats from around the neighbourhood come and visit you, sometimes leaving you gifts.  Just a totally pointless, but also fun game about visiting cats and collecting snapshots of them.  In the movie, a writer moves into a house to overcome his writers block and ends up running a cat day spa it seems.  A movie that could only be made in Japan!


Jun's Kitchen - Sushi For Cats
This is a pretty impressive video by a chef who makes sushi for his cats.  The cats are totally chill with watching and waiting for their awesome meal of fish.  I like Jun's videos and I need to take my cat biking around in a basket too!


Continue on to My Japan's Amazing Love of Cats post
More Japanese Pop Culture Posts

Comments

Wonderstruck in Tokyo

Wonderstruck in Tokyo
Cozy and Adventurous Stories

Read my urban / portal fantasy novel set in modern Japan.