Spring 2021 Japanese and Asian Snack Haul

It has been awhile since I did one of these treasure trove of snack posts.  Well, I had a boxes come in from Candysan in Japan, Sukoshi Mart in Canada (lots of small businesses using Shopify as their ecommerce platform now), and some bags of shopping from H-Mart and T&T supermarkets.  There was a whole lot of stuff overall within a week and it is going to take me months to get through all of these goodies, even with sharing.  There is a good variety of food items ranging from chocolate to instant noodles so I should get started listing everything.

All of the snacks in one big family picture.

There is a mixture of snacks, mostly Japanese, but with a few Korean items thrown in.  I was especially happy to try some of the exotic Kit Kats from Japan and I have to say that both varieties I got this time did not disappoint.  Japanese chocolate and fruit flavours are really good and the fruit flavouring is usually way better and authentic than what we get in North America.

I haven't tried these before, but they are similar to little cylinders of puffed corn snacks, except with healthier ingredients.  Quite tasty in this seaweed flavour, and they are moister and a little denser than Japanese puffed corn rolls.

UHA croquette snacks.  Thes crunchy little nuggets are basically freeze dried croquettes and taste like them.  They're really tasty, but you only get 5 in one of these little bags and they are bite sized.

Another flavour of croquettes.

Pokeo milk candies.  They're chewy and nice to have every so often.

Hotsprings Manju flavoured Kit Kat with red bean filling and white chocolate.  Actually a really nice tasting Kit Kat.  Glad I bought this.

Ume Kit Kats.  The mild plum flavoured chocolate was super delicious and I wish I had two bags of these.  This one is a big winner.

I tried to get some geen tea Melty Kiss from Japan but they sold out.  I managed to get these from Sukoshi Mart as I haven't had these in more than a few years.  Melty Kiss chocolate and flavour is always rich and tasty.

Tasty little bacon flavoured Pretz sticks.

Similar to the bacon above, but smoked cheese.  Both flavours are very authentic and make for addictive little crunchy snacks you can gnaw on.

Little Black Thunder chocolate nuggets in bags.  Should be tasty.

These reminded me of Terra Chips you can buy here, but they are not quite as crunchy and I'd say they are a little greasier (like Asian chips in general).  The veggie chips were quite good to try and the lotus root chips were sweeter than I expected.

Cheezas are a very cheesy and tasty snack.  They are a little like freeze-dried moon cheese, but I think they are better as they are more like a biscuit in their crispiness and they have an intense cheese flavour.

Mario gummy candy for fun!

Tasty chocolates with strawberry/raspberry filling.

Coconut chocolate Pocky.

BBQ chicken flavoured Pretz.  I'm curious to see how these will taste.  Some of these are really hit and miss.

Tomato Pretz.  A classic to try for Pretz with a light tomato flavour.

Chocolate covered green tea biscuits with green tea filling.  I'm going to bet these will be good.

These are deluxe versions of Marutai ramen noodles that are made in conjunction with famous Kyushu restaurants.  I've tried one so far and will be reviewing it.

Cup Noodle - Mysterious meat & Kimchi

Instant Rice - Mysterious Meat

Curry Cup Noodle - always a favourite.

Tonkotsu Pokemon noodles.

Shoyu Pokemon noodles.

Cuttlefish chips.  Nice a puffy and lightly crunchy.

Shrimp chips!  Always a tasty staple.

I like these freeze dried miso soups as they have a nice variety and big pieces of vegetable in them.  This is the first time I have seen Hikari freeze dried soups in Canada.

That is one large amount of snacks and food to consume.  I'll have some instant noodle reviews coming up in the future, so stay tuned.  Everyone have a good spring and stay healthy.


Follow me on Twitter a @Tostzilla or my feedburner
More snacks and Japanese pop culture


Comments

Popular Posts