What Noodle Cups Are In Stock At The Konbini in Japan

I was in Japan in early December and eating different kinds of ramen.  So yummy, especially if you are hungry, tired, and just need to rest and refuel.  Ramen shops are fairly plentiful and I managed to eat more ramen than I expected simply because of my location, timing, and seat availability.  While I was there, I also looked out for different kinds of noodle cups and there is just so much variety.

Chicken Ramen at the top left - it comes with a nice block of freeze dried egg and chicken!  Some varieties of noodle cups here.  The Donbei with the gold print had extra large fried tofu and I'll be reviewing that one soon.

There is always several square yards of different kinds of instant noodles for sale at even the smallest convenience store (konbini) in Japan.  There are almost always some limited time specials and then each chain has their own special noodle cups along with whatever is available from the major producers like Myojo, Nissin, Ace Cook, etc.  They are good for a snack / quick meal in the hotel room after a long day or even good for breakfast if you have hot water.  I had a large bowl of Nissin's Donbei Kitsune Udon one morning for breakfast along with some bread and fruit as I had bought everything the previous night.

I did buy a few varieties to bring home to try and there were people stuffing carry-on bags with noodles at Narita from the Lawson just before you check in your bags at Terminal 1.  Here are some pictures of whats on the shelves in December of 2022.

Cup Rice and Cup Noodle

Lots of Nissin Donbei with either tempura or fried tofu.  These are quite popular.

Your regular Cup Noodle varieties and some others.  There are some yakisoba instant noodles to the left which are also very popular.

A portion of a huge selection at a supermarket.

I'm looking forward to trying these two specialty ramen from 7-11.  They are the Ippudo and Nakiryu bowls which seem to sell for a premium outside of Japan.

Follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @Tostzilla or my feedburner
More snacks, ramen and Japanese pop culture.

Comments

Popular Posts