A Few Cat Videos Showing Japan's Love of Cats

I posted this by accident before I managed to get my text completed. Ooops. So I may as well complete it now, and sorry to those who looked at the incomplete post.

Youtube Star Maru
Maru is a popular kitty in Japan and elsewhere who loves boxes in particular.  I don't really have a lot to say about this, but that Maru is more famous than me and cuter too.


Neko Samurai (Cat Samurai)
This was a funny one that has been around for like 3 or 4 years now, but it recently became popular again on the net due to cat aficionados.  There is a movie and a couple of seasons of this show called Neko Samurai.  In some ways it reminds me of Lone Wolf and Cub about a samurai and a baby journeying together.  Most of all, it is cute, and don't touch the samurai's cat!


Neko Atsume House
They made a movie based on the popular cat game Neko Atsume for smart phones.  This is nuts and it even got like 3.5 stars out of 5 on IMDB.  In the game, you just put out food and toys and various cats from around the neighbourhood come and visit you, sometimes leaving you gifts.  Just a totally pointless, but also fun game about visiting cats and collecting snapshots of them.  In the movie, a writer moves into a house to overcome his writers block and ends up running a cat day spa it seems.  A movie that could only be made in Japan!


Jun's Kitchen - Sushi For Cats
This is a pretty impressive video by a chef who makes sushi for his cats.  The cats are totally chill with watching and waiting for their awesome meal of fish.  I like Jun's videos and I need to take my cat biking around in a basket too!


Continue on to My Japan's Amazing Love of Cats post
More Japanese Pop Culture Posts

Comments

Popular Posts