Spring 2024 Japanese and Asian Snacks Seen and Bought

 I actually haven't done one of these is awhile.  I have noticed that candy, snacks, and even instant noodles from Japan, Korea, etc., seem to be easier to find in may places these days. While they are not always available, you can find them at Asian supermarkets around times like the Lunar New Year, Christmas, Dragon Boat Festival, Harvest Festival, etc.  I've even seen items I didn't expect at Walmart.  It used to be you would have to order snacks from online stores or really luck out at an Asian supermarket, but times change.  Unless you are American, ordering online these days tends to be quite expensive, so I usually just buy what is on the shelf!

These rich chocolates that melt in your mouth were seen at Walmart for Asian New Year.

An assortment of available candies.

I found all of these different instant noodles.  I have reviewed a number of these or have them coming up.

Curry flavoured crackers and soy sauce flavoured rice crackers.

Chips from China.  Various Chinese BBQ type flavours.

Shrimp flavoured wheat chips.  The one on the right is ume, pickled plum and shrimp.

Classic Nissin Donbei udon and soba noodles from Japan.

Many, many kinds of snack cakes, Pocky, and Melty Kiss again.

Plenty of different types of Japanese Kit Kats.  It used to be one of those chocolates that were only available in Japan.  It seems to be common overseas now.

More of your deluxe, non-fried instant noodles.  The ones up top for $32 are the fancy ones from Ichiran, the tonkotsu ramen chain with the "flavour enhancing booths" to eat in.

Classic White Rabbit chewy milk candies.

Piles of Japanese cookies with strawberry and matcha.

Tasty strawberry cookies and blueberry cream Pocky.

These are good little matcha and sakura flavoured cakes.

Demon slayer wheat crackers.  Nice packaging, these types of crackers are like fried instant ramen.

Demonslayer seaweed snacks.  It looks like a paint can.

Same as above with a different character.

Shelf-stable Hokkaido milk drinkboxes!

These are your more "grownup" Pretz for drinking with beer.

Hot lemon drink - heat it up for the best taste.

A soda-like peach and strawberry fruit drink.

Nongshim is releasing all kinds of different noodle bowls.  They've had Curry, Tonkotsu (Costco), and even a Shrimp Tempura (which I have never seen - but Costco in eastern Canada had them).

Tasty Jagabee chips that look like french fries.  There are many imitators for this now.

Korean Honey Butter chips with Canadian Maple Syrup. I have to admit I found these to taste quite odd to me, but someone's got to like them a lot.

Some of the snacks I picked up.

Some of the instant noodle bowls I have reviewed!

Follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @Tostzilla or my feedburner
More snacks, ramen and Japanese pop culture.


Comments