My Book Signing For Tokyo Intro Storytelling Guidebook Went Well

My book signing at the Chapters Southpoint on Calgary Trail on Saturday, Sept 14 2024 went pretty good.  It ran from 12 to 4 PM and I talked with over 25 people and sold five books!  I think it went well because I had fun connecting with people who were planning on going to Japan or had just visited.  So many people are interested in visiting Japan now for food, culture, or because of anime.

Me at Chapters!

Chapters set me up right by the front door and you kind of get results on how well you engage with people. I didn’t get many breaks longer than 5 to 10 minutes between conversations.

Managing to sell any books to passing store patrons was always going to be hard as Tokyo Intro is a guidebook even if it has some fun stories to introduce you to Tokyo in it.  Any interested buyer had to be planning on visiting Tokyo!  It is a high bar for any sales.  Still, my voice was a little rough be the end of the four hours as I had many conversations and answered a bunch of questions too!  I don't think I would ever want to be a Walmart greeter - my voice would give out from saying hello over and over again.

I was tired at the end of the event, but it was a worthwhile as it let me know that there are people who could really use my book and I had many enjoyable conversations. Thanks to the Chapters staff at the store who helped me setup and invited me in to do a signing.  I've never done one of these before, but I'd do another one for my next book after this positive experience.

NOTE: Also, for the first time, almost all the Macross anime series is available on Disney+ in Canada!! You can watch Macross Frontier, Delta, Macross Plus, etc. I ran across it the other day.


Comments

Popular Posts

My Tokyo Guidebook Now In Print and Ebook