Mini Sumo Wrestler Figures From Rement

 It’s Sumo Sunday!  Or maybe not!  I picked these cute little Rement blind box figures up awhile ago (back in 2016 I think) and finally put them up for display. Each figure is only 3 to 4 cm high (about an inch) and show a sumo wrestler in a pose.  There is a Yokozuna or grand champion and a 5 other figures in some classic poses.

Many visitors to Japan want to see a Sumo tournament, but you need a service like JTB or Viator to get tickets as they are popular.  Tickets are released a month before the event and sell out quickly.  I've never gone to see Sumo myself but do find it fascinating that this traditional wrestling with large and very strong men is still going very strong. These wrestlers use technique, weight, size, and strength to either force their opponent out of a circular ring or make them touch the ground with any body part other than the soles of their feet. The wrestlers and ritual involved make this sport a unique cultural event to Japan.

The only way I'm seeing Sumo is up close and small.

I pretty much buy cases of blind boxes to get complete sets.  I never buy blind boxes as singles as you often don't get the one you want, and for this set of figures, the you'd want a at least two anyhow so they can face off.

Side of the box.

Back of the box showing all the figures.

Side of the box show two figures placed in a Sumo ring.

There are six figures in the set and opening the case shows six boxes.  A case is usually a complete set for Rement.

The contents of one of the blind boxes.  You get a piece of gum (now stale for me as it is old), a pamphlet showing the figures, and a complete figure that just needs to be put on its base.

Here are the six figures up close. They are simple in design, but are painted well and have good poses.

A closer view with the Yokozuna on the bottom left in the special belt.

The box included a cardboard ring you could build.  I've placed my set in a display cabinet with my Seven Samurai mini-figures.

Other Anime Related Articles
Other Japanese Pop Culture Articles

Follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @Tostzilla or my feedburner


Comments

Popular Posts

My Tokyo Guidebook Now In Print and Ebook