Bandai Tamashii Nations Show in Akihabara Dec 2017

When I planned my trip to Tokyo I have to say I had a bit of luck on my side.  While I always seem to miss some kind of anime related event as I'm always going at the wrong time, I've also caught some interesting stuff over the years.  This trip, I managed to see the Doraemon Art Show at the Mori Museum, the International Robot Exhibition in Odaiba, Gundam Docks, and the Bandai Tamashi Nations 2017 Show.

The Tamashii Nations show ran from December 1 to 3 in Akihabara.  There were multiple venues, but the big exhibition space with over 500 figures was in the exhibition space on Chuo Dori by Akiba Zone / Bic Camera.  Bandai had people at the UDX and the main Electric Town exit passing out information about the event.

I almost missed out, as I thought the event was at the UDX Building, but that was another related event.  The event was very well attended and crowded around all of these long rows of display cabinets.  The displays were ordered by year and it showed the different figures available each year from ten years ago to the current year.  There were hundreds of figures on display that ran the gamut from Dragonball to every mecha you could think of (almost).   I believe that every figure / toy under the Tamashii Nations brand was on display somewhere.  They also had some special exhibits showing future releases.

All of this was very exciting for the toy / figure collector.  It was a lot of fun to see all of the figures and admire all of the craftsmanship and detail.  There were also live announcements on stage, some games to play in the main room, and some special guest speakers.
The big exhibition / event hall on Chuo Dori by Akiba Zone / Bic Camera.  You can see the outside and inside of the event space in these pictures.  Too many people and faces so I made a comic graphic out of them.
Mechs from Code Geass.
Macross
More Macross
Very nice Hulkbuster
Godzilla Resurgence
Gundam!
One Piece
Infinite Stratos
Ghost in the Shell
Gundam Exia
Classic Godzilla
Disney combining mech.
Dragonball Dragon
Street Fighter
Space Battleship Yamato
Great Mazinger
Getter Robo
Mazinger Z
Kingdom Hearts
This is just a small smattering of the items available to see.  I was a bit pressed for time and I would have liked to stay longer - I did go through like 90% of the exhibits, but there was a lot to see.

More Tokyo Travelogue Posts



Comments

Popular Posts