Ottogi Sesame Flavour Noodle Cup with Egg Block Review

After a long break I thought I would try out the Ottogi Sesame Flavour Cup Noodle with Egg Block.  I had previously reviewed the Ottogi Sesame Flavor Ramen with Egg Block as a regular packaged ramen.  I didn't really expect this this be any different, but they had them on sale so I picked a couple up for the larder.

Hard to mistake this noodle with SESAME written on it and bright yellow colouring.

Looks pretty tasty and it says "contains egg block"

Nutritional Information

Ingredients and manufacturing info.

You get 3 packets inside the cup.  There is the egg block (yay!), spicy sesame oil, and a soup base.

You add in the egg block and soup base first.  Add boiling water and wait 4 minutes.

Add the spicy sesame oil afterwards and mix.

The noodles are now ready to eat.

It is a tasty noodle bowl, but as I mentioned in my other review, the sesame flavour can definitely be amped up.  Sesame oil flavoured noodles with a soy sauce soup base are generally good, and this noodle is no exception.  This instant noodle is actually fairly popular with Koreans and there is nice spicy and savoury flavour in the soup.  I would actually add some of my own sesame oil if you had some, but not too much.  The block of freeze dried egg pretty much dissolves into the soup to add to the body of the soup and the overall nutrition. This noodle still isn't one of my favourites, but I'm attracted to it because of the egg block, so it makes for a nice change of pace.

Closeup of the noodles.


Follow me on Twitter a @Tostzilla or my feedburner
More snacks, ramen and Japanese pop culture.

 

Comments

Popular Posts