Bandai Godzilla Minus One Black and White Figure - Monsters Roar Attack Unboxing

This is one of a few figures from Japan I've ordered since summer. I was browsing through the AmiAmi site and came across two versions of this 2024 claw machine prize figure. There is a colour version and a black and white version to commemorate the B/W release of the Godzilla Minus One movie. The B/W figure version looked the same in the pictures and was half the price so I picked it up for $15 or something.

Front of the box

The box was actually quite large for the figure as It had the tail to consider.  The figure came in one piece with a bit of a base to attack to the tail for stability.  The Godzilla figure itself is about six inches high and the size of most 1/8 scale figures, although I have no idea what the scale actually is for Godzilla at this size!  The detailing is really good and since Godzilla is pretty dark to begin with, you really can't tell the difference between colour and non-colour versions. I quite like this figure from the assembly to the detailing.  Sometimes you can really see the seams for the tail or where they attached the fins, but it's not too bad on this one.

Top of the box.
Side, showing three versions you can get A, B, C.
Here's Godzilla compared to the box.
When I watched the Minus One movie I didn't really realize just how big his feet were!  His paws are huge, but it makes sense to support all that weight.
Side view showing the spines.  There are lighter details throughout the body especially on the fins.
Front view against a white background.  I quite like the design of this Godzilla.  A nice mix of dinosaur and nasty.
Ghostly eyes.  This Godzilla is not your friend.

That's pretty much it for this post. Another Godzilla to add to my collection.

Other Japanese Pop Culture Articles
Follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @Tostzilla or my feedburner

Comments

Popular Posts

My Tokyo Guidebook Now In Print and Ebook